The partners at Spectrum have not only advised on numerous deals, they have also sold their own businesses which makes the partners ideally placed to help you prepare your business for sale. Our Exit Review process is aimed at maximising potential value and positioning the business for sale within the next six months to two years. Our approach is tailored to your particular circumstances and covers the full range of strategic options open to the shareholders which may be a full trade sale, an IPO, a partial share sale to a financial institution or a refinancing.
Our rigorous Exit Review process will assess, answer and remedy if necessary the following questions:
- Why am I considering a sale and what do I want to achieve?
- What is my business worth?
- Who should buy my business and why?
- Will private equity buyers be interested?
- What are the buyers looking for and what strategic value will my business bring to them?
- Is management succession planning in place?
- Will the management stay with the business?
- Are the trading result trends and results maximised?
- What will come out during legal and financial due diligence to affect the price or disrupt the process?
- Are all major contracts in place and do they have change of control clauses?
- How will my customers react to a change of ownership?
- Are the business systems and information robust enough?